|
场景介绍:该剪辑分为两段场景,选自来自美剧《纸牌屋》第一季第一集,场景一主要是为了安排关键人物Zoe的出场。Zoe是一名资历尚浅的华盛顿先驱报记者,Lucas是Zoe的直属上司,同时向Mr.Hammerschmidt汇报。Zoe向Lucas提请将其工作转换至网络部门做写稿读者,并愿意为此不辞劳苦,但遭到Lucas的反对,Lucas提议除非Zoe愿意牺牲自己的休息时间。
看美剧纸牌屋学英语地道口语表达
另一段场景发生在Petter Russo与他的捐助人——普罗旺斯基金的Chapman先生的对话,期间Peter串通好他的秘书Christina假扮当选总统Walker打来电话,以在Chapman先生展现自己与总统的私人关系网,以获得其长期的赞助支持。Christina与上司Peter之间就早有一腿,在电话中极尽淫欲挑逗,Peter只得装作郑重其事,与“总统”客套几句后挂断了电话,一旁的Chapman先生对Peter的装扮信以为真,幻想Peter能够为自己搭上总统这条人脉。
看美剧纸牌屋学中高级英语词汇
以下是纸牌屋第一季第一集节选片段中英对照剧本:
Mr. Hammerschmidt:Community of what? 哪一个委员会
Lucas:I would say immigration, banking or education, but... 我猜是移民、银行或者教育,但是...
——>> None of my regular sources can confirm that. 但我常规的联络人都无法确认
Mr. Hammerschmidt:Because... 那...
——>> They don't know, or because they're not talking? 他们是不知道,还是不愿说
Lucas:Because they don't know. 他们不知道
——>> Keep at it, get me something. 继续查,挖点东西出来
Zoe:Sorry, I'm so sorry Mr. Hammerschmidt. 对不起,真抱歉,汉默施密特先生
——>> Zoe... Barnes. 我是佐伊... 巴恩斯
Mr. Hammerschmidt:Right. 哦,对。
Zoe:Did it take him a year to remember your name? 他当年也过了一年才记住你是谁吗
Lucas:Longer. 不止
Zoe:Good morning, Lucas. 早上好,卢卡斯
Lucas:What can I do for you, Zoe? 有什么事吗,佐伊
Zoe:I am sick of the Fairfax county council. 我受不了费尔法克斯的郡议会了
Lucas:You tell me everyday. -
Zoe:Move me online. 你每天都这么说 - 让我做网络报道
——>> My own blog. 让我开博客
——>> First person, subjective, 500 words. 第一人称,主观视角,五百字篇幅
Lucas:Not gonna happen. 没门
Zoe:I'll go underground. 我去挖掘秘密
——>> backrooms, the urinals! 幕后消息,甚至去翻夜壶
——>> I'll win over staff members on the Hill. 去争取国会的人Staff members on the Hill = 国会幕僚。the Hill 是 Capitol Hill(国会山)的简称。
——>> They need a place to vent. 他们也需要发泄
Lucas:A gossip column? 八卦专栏?
Zoe:No. We'll lift the veil. 不,是事实真相
——>> What's really going on. 现在到底怎么回事
Lucas:This is the Washington Herald, Zoe. 这里是《华盛顿先驱报》,佐伊The Washington Herald is a fictional daily newspaper in the Netflix series House of Cards. The building and offices of The Baltimore Sun were used to film the newsroom. The Washington Herald is largely based on the actual Washington Post. Another fictional newspaper in the series called The Wall Street Telegraph is largely based on the actual Wall Street Journal.
——>> It's not...TMZ. 不是... 名人消息网 (A celebrity news website and TV show that focuses on Hollywood gossip, scandals, and entertainment industry updates.)Zoe 认为自己被困在枯燥的地方新闻(Fairfax county council),于是提出转到网络部门,写博客、搞第一人称报道,甚至打算去 “backrooms, the urinals”(幕后、甚至厕所)套消息,还说要争取 “staff members on the Hill”(国会山的工作人员)。
她的逻辑是:人们爱看劲爆内容,哪怕带点花边和爆料。于是她用 TMZ 做例子,说它的流量证明了这种模式有市场。
Lucas 的反驳:“This is the Washington Herald, Zoe. It’s not… TMZ.”
潜台词是:先驱报不是八卦网站,我们是新闻机构,不靠猎奇内容博眼球。
Zoe 代表新兴的网络传播思维,强调 “读者想看什么” 和 “新形式”(博客、主观视角、爆料)。 Lucas 代表传统媒体人的坚持,强调 “新闻应该做什么” 和 “旧价值”(事实核查、客观、公信力)。
Zoe represents the mindset of new digital media—focusing on “what readers want” and experimenting with new forms (blogs, subjective takes, exposés).
Lucas stands for traditional journalism values—emphasizing “what journalism should be” with old-school priorities like fact-checking, objectivity, and credibility. Zoe:Do you know how many people who watch TMZ? 你知道有多少人浏览名人消息网吗
Lucas:I couldn't care less. 我一点也不关心
——>> Which is why print journalism is dying. 所以报刊新闻业在衰落
Zoe:Then it will die with dignity. At least with this paper. 那也不失体面,至少这份报纸是如此
——>> You are stuck in the 20th century, Lucas, 你还活在20世纪吧,卢卡斯
——>> you lack imagination. 缺乏想象力
Lucas:Maybe so, but right now I don't need imagination, 也许吧,但我现在不需要想象力
——>> I need copy. 我需要报道 (Copy = 新闻用语,指“待发表的稿件”。例:“I need copy.” → “我要的是成稿,不是点子。”)
——>> Your nights and weekends are yours, 你自己的时间随意支配
——>> I applaud whatever you want to do, 你想做什么我都没意见
——>> as long as its not on my time. 但不能占用工作时间
Zoe:You're telling me to go back to work? 你是让我去干活儿吗
Lucas:I am. 没错
Zoe:What you're really telling me is to fuck off. 但你实际上是叫我滚蛋
Lucas:I'm telling you both. 两者都有
Christina:It's Mr. Chapman already, from Provence Trust. 普罗旺斯基金的查普曼先生在等你
Peter:Hold my calls, Christina. 不要接进电话,克里斯蒂娜
——>> Henry. 亨利
——>> It's good to see you. 见到你真好
——>> How long are you in town for? 到这儿几天了
Chapman:Just today. 今天刚来
Peter:What? You gotta come back down for the inauguration. 那你一定得来看就职典礼
——>> I can hook you up. 我可以帮你联系一下
Chapman:How about you hook me up with the zoning laws you promised to get changed? 不如帮我联系一下你答应会修改的分区法吧
——>>We got 12 millions sitting in escrow for an empty lot we can't build on. 我们一千二百万被托管,为了一块不能建房的空地
Peter:I know, but you gotta understand... 我知道,但你要明白
——>> It's a local municipal issue. 这是地方政府的问题
——>> I can't just pick up the phone... 我不能随便打个电话就...
Chapman:You can't? 你不能了吗
——>> Because that's not what you lead us to believe when you begged for 50 grand in donations. 你求我们捐款五万的时候,可不是这么说的
Peter:Right, I... 嗯,我
——>> Just one second. 稍等片刻
——>> Christina, I said no calls, 克里斯蒂娜,我说了不要转接
——>> not while I'm meeting with Mr. Chapman. 我和查普曼先生会面时不接电话
——>> The President-elect? 当选总统?
——>> Do you mind? 你不介意吧
Chapman:No, go ahead please. 不,接吧
Peter:Put him through, Christina. 把电话接进来,克里斯蒂娜
——>> Mr. President-elect? 当选总统先生
——>> Thank you. 谢谢
——>> Yes, we were pleased to win by double digits. 是的,我们很高兴以两位数优势胜出
——>> Absolutely, anything you need. 当然,乐意效劳
Christina:I need you to put your long, wet, talented tongue between my tights 我需要你把你湿长灵活的舌头伸入我两腿之间
——>> and make me squeal like Monica Lewinsky... 让我像莫妮卡·莱温斯基那样尖叫...莫妮卡·萨米勒·莱温斯基(1973年7月23日出生)是美国社会活动家。上世纪90年代末,因美国总统比尔·克林顿承认在1995至1997年间与担任白宫实习生的她存在婚外情,莱温斯基引发全球关注。该事件及其后续影响(包括克林顿遭弹劾)被称为"克林顿-莱温斯基丑闻"。
Monica Lewinsky-Bill Clinton
事件发生后,莱温斯基投身多项事业:推出个人同名手袋系列,担任减肥计划广告代言人,并作为电视节目嘉宾亮相。她于2006年获得伦敦政治经济学院心理学硕士学位,2014年起开始以活动家身份公开反对网络欺凌。详见:Monica Lewinsky维基档案 Peter:Me too. Me too. 我也是,我也是
——>> Okay, thank you, sir. 好的,谢谢您,先生
——>> I'm so sorry... 非常抱歉
——>> where were we? 刚才说到哪了
Chapman:Walker... 沃克?
——>> What's he like? 他什么样
来自群组: 看纸牌屋学英语 |
|