The Graduate《毕业生》,一部非常经典,而且适合英语学习的电影。这部影片虽然没有太多华丽的词藻,但却有很多精彩的对白。生动刻画了一个刚刚步入尘世的大学生遭遇性爱挑逗矛盾心理和挽救真实爱情的艰难决择。《毕业生》里面的台词通俗易懂,对于人物的心态和场景的烘托把握有度,值得我们学习借鉴和反复推敲。
以下是《毕业生》经典对白中英文对照节选:
Mr. Braddock: What's the matter? The guests are all downstairs, Ben, waiting to see you.
布兰多克先生:你怎么了,客人们都在楼下,本,等着看你呢。
Benjamin: Look, Dad, could you explain to them that I have to be alone for a while?
本杰明:爸爸,你能不能向他们解释,我得一个人呆会。
Mr. Braddock: These are all our good friends, Ben. Most of them have known you since, well, practically since you were born. What is it, Ben?
布兰多克先生:他们都是我们的好朋友,本,他们大多从你出生就认识你,你到底怎么了?
Benjamin: I'm just...
本杰明:我只是……
Mr. Braddock: Worried?
布兰多克先生:焦虑?
Benjamin: Well...
本杰明:是……
Mr. Braddock: About what?
布兰多克先生:为什么焦虑?
Benjamin: I guess about my future.
本杰明:我想是担心我的未来。
Mr. Braddock: What about it?
布兰多克先生:未来怎么了?
Benjamin: I don't know... I want it to be...
本杰明:我不知道,我想它变得……
Mr. Braddock: To be what?
布兰多克先生:变得怎样?
Benjamin: [looks at his father] ... Different.
本杰明:(看着他的父亲)变得……不一样。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benjamin: Where did you do it?
本杰明:你在哪里做的?
Mrs. Robinson: In his car.
鲁宾逊夫人:在他的车里。
Benjamin: What kind of car was it?
本杰明:什么样的车?
Mrs. Robinson: Come on now.
鲁宾逊夫人:走吧,现在。
Benjamin: No, I really want to know.
本杰明:不,我真的想知道。
Mrs. Robinson: A Ford.
鲁宾逊夫人:一辆福特。
Benjamin: Goddamn, that's great. So old Elaine Robinson got started in a Ford.
本杰明:天啦,太强了。伊莱恩开始于一辆福特车。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mrs. Robinson, youre trying to seduce me, arent you? 罗宾森太太,你正在挑逗我吧? 【年纪轻轻的傻小子达斯汀霍夫曼被自己女朋友的妈妈色诱。】 |