|
Nurse Ratched: Aren't you ashamed?
护士长拉奇德:你不感到羞耻吗?
Billy: No, I'm not.
比利:不,我不感到羞耻。
Applause from friends(朋友们鼓起了掌);
Nurse Ratched: You know Billy, what worries me is how your mother is going to take this.
护士长拉奇德:你知道,比利,让我担心的是你的母亲会怎么处理这件事。
Billy: Um, um, well, y-y-y-you d-d-d-don't have to t-t-t-tell her, Miss Ratched.
比利:呜,呜,好的,你-你--你-你不-不-不-不会告-告-告-告诉她的,拉奇德小姐。
Nurse Ratched: I don't have to tell her? Your mother and I are old friends. You know that.
护士长拉奇德:我不会告诉她?你知道的,你母亲和我是老朋友了。
Billy: P-p-p-please d-d-don't tell my m-m-m-mother.
比利:请-请-请不-不-不要告诉我的妈-妈-妈-妈
Nurse Ratched: If Mr. McMurphy doesn't want to take his medication orally, I'm sure we can arrange
that he can have it some other way. But I don't think that he would like it.
护士长拉奇德:如果迈克默菲先生不想吃他的药,我确信我们能以其他方式让他吃下去。但我想他不会喜欢那种方式的。
McMurphy turns around to see Harding smiling at him; (迈克默菲环顾左右,看到[size=+0]哈丁正对着他微笑);
McMurphy: Heh, YOU'D like it, wouldn't you?
迈克默菲:哦,你喜欢吃它,对吗?
to Ratchet, regarding the pills; (转向拉奇德,似乎对着药沉思);
McMurphy: Here, give it to me.
迈克默菲:把它给我吧。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McMurphy: Nurse Ratched, Nurse Ratched! The Chief voted! Now will you please turn on the
television set?
迈克默菲:拉奇德护士,拉奇德护士!酋长投票了!现在你能把电视机打开吗?
Nurse Ratched:she opens the glass window; Mr. McMurphy, the meeting was adjourned and the vote
was closed.
护士长拉奇德打开了玻璃窗; 迈克默菲先生,会议已经结束了,投票也中止了。
McMurphy: But the vote was 10 to 8. The Chief, he's got his hand up! Look!
迈克默菲:但投票的结果是10比8。酋长把他的手举了起来!看!
Nurse Ratched: No, Mr. McMurphy. When the meeting was adjourned, the vote was 9 to 9.
护士长拉奇德:不,迈克默菲先生,当会议结束的时候,投票是9比9。
McMurphy: exasperated; Aw come on, you're not gonna say that now! You're not gonna say that
now! You're gonna pull that hen house shit? Now when the vote... the Chief just voted - it was 10 to 8.
Now I want that television set turned on *right now*!
噢别这样,你别这样说!你现在别这样说!你准备把这破鸡笼的门拉上吗?当投
票……酋长刚刚投了票--结果是10比8。现在我要把电视机打开,现在!
Nurse Ratched closes the glass window; (护士长拉奇德关上了玻璃窗)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harding: I'm not just talking about my wife, I'm talking about my LIFE, I can't seem to get that through
to you. I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody. I'm talking about form. I'm
talking about content. I'm talking about interrelationships. I'm talking about God, the devil, Hell,
Heaven. Do you understand... FINALLY?
哈丁:我并不是仅仅在谈论我的妻子,我在谈论我的生活,我的生活似乎并不需要通过你的肯定。我并不仅仅是在谈论一个人,我是在谈论每一个人。我在谈论形式,我在谈论内容。我在谈论相互间的关系。我在谈论上帝,魔鬼,地狱,天堂。你,究竟,明白了吗?
|
|