|
英国影片精妙的台词俯仰皆是,英国式不动声色的冷幽默令观众忍俊不禁。比如《水性杨花》里面惠克特先生在家中没有地位,儿子结婚发电报给父母报喜,收信人当然是惠克特夫妇,他却转身交给女儿:这是给你老妈的……
一直看似无所事事的惠克特先生贡献了无数类似的台词,片中似乎他是作为冷静的旁观者面貌出现的。他其实是一个有故事的人,特别是与当时的时代背景(一战结束后,西方社会对文明对于传统的反思与怀疑)紧紧相扣。热情如火的约翰最后与拉丽达的绝裂不简单是因为他还年轻,不能接受拉丽达的过去,更是他对自身文化的服膺,他自以为有接班的神圣责任,才会毅然离开了心爱的女人。本片最大的爆冷幽默来自影片的结尾,不过,先卖个关子,以此引诱大家去看一下影片。另外,将时光网友整理的电影《水性杨花》经典台词也一并转了过来,与大家共勉:
Easy virtue
翻译成水性杨花,有那么点意思吧
Wag tongues
乱嚼舌头
Walk on eggshells
如履薄冰
I was the sole perpetrator of Poppy’s demise.
Poppy的死是我一个人的错。
Be wracked with guilt
心怀愧疚
Show some remorse
表现出一点懊丧
I have always been waiting for you to step up to the mark.
我一直等你回来,站出来接手这一切。
You’re a dark horse.
你总是出人意料。
I just open my mouth and the words come out.
这些话只是脱口而出。
Fly the nest
远走高飞
Be acquitted
被无罪释放
I didn’t think it necessary to burden you with the details
我觉得没有必要让你知道他多的细节。
The verdict was suicide but that’s not where it started.
虽然判决结果是自杀,但实际上不仅仅是那样。
Coming here has been the most demoralizing experience of my life.
到这里来是一生中最令我丧失信心的经历。
People are so universally similar when their guard is down.
卸下伪装之后,全世界的人都一样。
It seems they are universally similar when their guard is up, as well.
看起来等他们戴上伪装之后,全世界的人也还是一样的。
Cover for you
为你打掩护
Please don’t build any convenient social lies on my behalf.
请你不要再用那些社交谎言来敷衍了。
To keep the charade alive
继续玩哑谜
You’ve shown tremendous fortitude holding this family together, Veronica.
为了让这个家不分崩离析你显示出了无比的韧性。
But what I can’t respect is the manipulative road you’ve chosen to maintain control.
但我不能认同的是你那为了将一切掌控而采取的控制方式。
You’ve got such promise, yet you’re squandering it on malice.
你很有前途,可是你却将之浪费在恶意揣测上。
Go see the world through your own eyes.
去亲眼看看世界的模样。
So speaks the siren, leading the sailors to their death.
这话听起来真像是个诱惑水手走向死亡的海妖。
At least I’m not Medusa, turning them to stone.
至少我不是美杜莎,我不会把他们变成石头。
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
艰难之路,惟勇者行。(我喜欢这句,most!)
Thank you for being gallant today.
感谢你今天表现的那么英勇。
You are damn cool in a crisis.
面对危机,你实在是冷静的可怕。
This pure boy arrived fresh and unblemished.
这个纯真的男孩闯了进来,纯净无暇。
|
|