电影《纯真年代》经典对白中英文对照
http://www.en580.com/data/attachment/forum/201312/30/102715kt3mp0m4sekz3ts1.jpgEllen Olenska: I think we should look at reality, not dreams.
艾伦·奥兰丝卡:我认为我们应该更关注现实,而不是幻想。
Newland Archer: I just want us to be together!
纽兰特·阿彻:我只想我们在一起!
Ellen Olenska: I can't be your wife, Newland! Is it your idea that I should live with you as your mistress?
艾伦·奥兰丝卡:我不能成为你的妻子,阿彻!不正是你认为我应该作为你的情妇和你生活在一起吗?
Newland Archer: I want... Somehow, I want to get away with you... and... and find a world where words like that don't exist!
纽兰特·阿彻:我想……不管怎样,我想和你一起离开……并且……找到一个地方,在那里,所有类似这样的谎言都不存在!
________________________________________
Ellen Olenska: I knew you'd come.
艾伦·奥兰丝卡:我知道你会来。
Newland Archer: That shows you wanted me to.
纽兰特·阿彻:那表明你想让我这样做。
________________________________________
Newland: Honest? Isn't that why you always admire Julius Beauford? He was more honest than the rest of us, wasn't he, we've got no character, no color, no variety. I wonder why you just don't go back to Europe.
纽兰特:诚实?那就是你为什么总是欣赏朱利叶斯·贝伍福德的原因?他比我们中的任何人都要诚实,不是吗,我们没有个性,没有立场,不够丰富。我很奇怪为什么你不回到欧洲去呢?
Ellen: I believe that's because of you.
艾伦:我相信那是因为你。
________________________________________
Newland: You gave me my first glimpse of a real life. Then you asked me to go on with the false one. No one can endure that.
纽兰特:你让我认识到了什么是真正的生活,然后你又叫我回去继续去过那种错误的生活。没人能忍受这一切。
Ellen: I'm enduring it.
艾伦:我正在忍受这一切。
________________________________________
Ellen Olenska: How can we be happy behind the backs of people who trust us?
艾伦·奥兰丝卡:躲在那些信任我们的人的身后,我们又怎么能幸福呢?
________________________________________
Ellen Olenska: Is New York such a labyrinth? I thought it was all straight up and down like Fifth Avenue. All the cross streets numbered and big honest labels on everything.
艾伦·奥兰丝卡:纽约就是这样一座迷宫吗?我认为它的一切都像第五大道一样笔直。所有的十字路口都标上了数字,这里的一切都贴上了让人一目了然的巨大的标签。
Newland Archer: Everything is labeled, but everybody is not.
纽兰特·阿彻:确实这里的一切事物都贴上了标签,但这里的人却没有。
Ellen Olenska: Then I must count on you for warnings too.
艾伦·奥兰丝卡:那么我必须认真考虑你的忠告了。
________________________________________
Ellen Olenska: Is fashion such a serious consideration?
艾伦·奥兰丝卡:考虑这种严肃的事情是很时髦的吗?
Newland Archer: Among those who have nothing more serious to consider.
纽兰特·阿彻:对于那些没有更严肃的事情可以考虑的人来说是这样。
________________________________________
Newland: We should travel everywhere.
纽兰特:我们应该到处去旅行。
Louisa van der Luyden: But not Naples. Doctor Bencomb says there is a fever there.
路易萨·范德路登:但别去那不勒斯。贝勒科布医生说那儿正流行热病。
页:
[1]